The Two Edits night programmed for 13 Aug is a fun, members’ participation night where we all get a chance to look at how different people edit the same image. The idea is everyone submits an unedited image and in return gets two unedited images from other members. We all edit our two images plus our own, then bring all three along on 13 Aug, when everyone gets to look at and discuss the various approaches.
To make it work we need lots of contributors, so it doesn’t matter what your level of editing skills are at, nor what program you use, as each persons’ approach has it’s own merits and unique perspective. Beginners will benefit from seeing different ways of editing their images and more experienced members will appreciate that sometimes simple edits or a different approach can produce significantly diverse results.
So find an image that you feel could do with some work and submit it by 16 Jul as per the instructions below.
Two Edits 13Aug
- Select a colour image of your own that has not been edited but that you feel could be improved with some editing – ie something that has a range of levels and tones and a number of elements in the composition. Hint, there is not much anyone can do with a picture of just a bird on a stick, a face-only portrait, or an image that is severely under or over exposed.
- Convert it to DNG if you can, if not leave it in the format that it came out of your camera – do not reduce its size.
- Before 16 Jul, log ontohttps://wetransfer.com/ , click the ‘I Agree’ button, then add your selected file, write in your email address at the appropriate place, and in the ‘Email to’ line write firstname.lastname@example.org Press Transfer.
- On 20 Jul check your inbox (and junk box) for an email from WeTransfer – it should be titled ‘email@example.com sent you files via WeTransfer’. Open the email and click the blue ‘Get your files’ button, or click on the download link. If you have not received an email by midday 21 Jul – please let me know.
- You will have two files from other people to edit.Do whatever you want to them, you can add, delete, crop, recolour, convert to B&W – whatever.
- Edit your own photo and the two you have received – DO NOT Rename any of them.
- When you have finished editing your original and the two other images, convert them to Camera Club EDI format – DO NOT rename them, copy to a USB stick and bring them along on 13 Aug. Give them to Petro to load onto the club computer before 6:45pm.
- 13 Aug sit back and see what other people have done with your image.
Please bring along :-
Macro Lens with Polarising filter
If anyone has a light pad or slide viewing light box, could they please bring that as well. If they have spare polarising filters, they could bring those as well.
Those who don’t have any gear could bring a formatted SD card and use our camera.
“Three of a Kind” let your imagination run wild. It could be in the form of a triptych (the 3 images would need to fit on the standard board size), triplets, cards, three of anything.
Brad is teaching how to clean your own sensor. Go on to ebay and purchase a cleaning kit and Brad will show you how to use it.